Thursday, 20 April 2017

Interview with Emmanuelle de Maupassant, author of Viking Thunder


Emmanuelle de Maupassant writes glitteringly erotic, Gothic, comedic and wry tales to enchant, delight and disturb.

Viking Thunder is a 13,000 word novelette that is Part One in the Viking Thunder series.

We asked Emmanuelle what made her fall in love with Vikings, and particularly her hero Eirik.

I can't begin to tell you how much fun it was to write on the 'Viking theme'. There are two things that turn me aflutter: one is brains (I've had a thing about clever old Sherlock Holmes since watching Basil Rathbone in the original black and white films, when I was barely 6 or 7 years old); the other is pure physical brawn.

Give me Conan the Barbarian, give me Ragnar and Rollo in the Vikings series, give me Chris Helmsley as Thor in Marvel Comic films.

There is something in me that responds, at the basest animal level, to physical, overpowering strength - the sort that comes from wielding an axe in battle. I want the throw down!

It was an utter joy to write my own Viking, Eirik. Of course, this being a romance, I've given him other qualities besides brute strength. My heroine discovers that he's not only a magnificent (and inventive) lover but is loyal to his men, and proud of his warrior heritage. Fighting with honour and bravery are almost more important than victory.

Looking for a Viking to take to bed? You won't be disappointed with Eirik!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for hosting me Ellen
    Eirik sends you a kiss
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Want to guest blog? Let me know!

Interview with Lee Savino, author of Rescued by the Berserker

Lee Savino is an author and a mom and a chocoholic. She's written a bunch of books, all smexy romance. Smexy = smart + sexy. Rescued...