Friday, 15 April 2016

Review Punishing Me by Cat Mason

Punishing Me (Shaft on Tour Book 6)Punishing Me by Cat Mason
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Punishing Me starts with Ireland, a young musician, being seduced and abandoned by Dominick Bradford. Fast forward a few years and we see Ireland as a successful rock star. However, she’s a bit of a mess, not trusting men but using them quite happily. Then Dominick comes back into her life.

The first two chapters really captivated me, but then the story became awfully confusing. The first two were from Ireland’s point of view, and from the story, I thought that her minder, Jared, would be the foil for Dominick. But Jared disappeared and then we got Mack’s point of view. It took me a while to figure out Mack is also Dominick. It was further complicated by other characters were coming in with their stories: a dad with his kid, a guitarist with his pregnant girlfriend... I’m assuming this is legacy stuff from the other books, but very often I had to struggle to figure out who was who.

Verdict? The writing style is superb, and the characterisation wonderful. 5 stars for those two, but the name changes and number of people wandering in and out was confusing and that interfered with the plot development.

ARC given in return for an honest review


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to guest blog? Let me know!